29 Apr December Events in the Columbia Valley
December Events in the Columbia Valley
Columbia Valley Tourism would like to encourage you to create tradition and long lasting memories this holiday season. Take some time out to spend with family and friends enjoying activities around our amazing Valley. We have put together a list of all the activities to be enjoyed by visitors, locals and part time residents alike throughout our Valley. When we put it all together, it is staggering what our little part of paradise pulls off with the help of a myriad of volunteers and supporters for each of these fantastic events. Check out this list, you will be sure to find something that suits every possible desire.
Radium Hot Springs:
- December 12th — CPR Holiday Train at the Horsethief Forest Service Road crossing in Radium at approximately 6:15 p.m.
- December 20th to January 1st — Winter Radiance at Radium Hot Springs Pools. Immerse yourself in a dazzling display of ice and frost!
- December 31st — Radium Village’s annual birthday party and New Year’s Eve celebration at Brent’s Shack starting at 3 p.m. with a fireworks display courtesy of Radium Volunteer Fire Department
Radium Hot Springs:
- December 6th — Panorama Mountain opens
- December 14th and 21st — Photos with Santa at Copper Point Resort. Proceeds going to ICAN and the Food Bank.
- December 12th — From Scratch Christmas Celebration Dinner at 6:30 p.m.
- December 13th — Friday night shopping in Fairmont from 4 to 8 p.m.
- December 14th and 15th — Cross country ski clinics (Classic on Saturday, Skate on Sunday) at Nipika Mountain Resort, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Free for Toby Creek Nordic Ski Club members, or $40/day.
- December 14th and 15th — Christmas in the Valley CD Release Party at Pynelogs at 7 p.m. (tickets available at Book Bar)
- December 18th to 23rd — Keurig Ski race at Panorama Mountain Village from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- December 19th — Small Business Big Party at Copper Point Resort. Doors at 6 p.m., dinner at 7 p.m.
- December 21st — Crossroads Collective Winter Solstice Party from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- December 27th — 12th Annual Customer Appreciation Gala at Artym Gallery from 6 to 9 p.m.
- December 31st — New Year’s Eve party from 9 p.m to 2 a.m. at Bear’s Paw Bar & Grill
- December 31st — Family New years Dinner and Dance Invermere Community Hall at 6 p.m.
Fairmont Hot Springs:
- December 14th and 21st — Santa is in Fairmont
- December 20th — Fairmont Ski Area including new for 2013 “Tube Park” opens for the season.
- December 24th — Torch Light parade & Fireworks at Fairmont Ski area from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
- December 24th — Christmas Karaoke from 8 to 9:30 p.m. in the lobby of Fairmont Hot Springs Resort
- December 26th, 27th and 28th — Decorate a Holiday cookie from 10 a.m. to noon at Misty Waters
- December 31st — Children’s New Years Eve party from 7 to 8 p.m. in the Pine Room at Fairmont Hot Springs Resort
For all of December, athletes will be practicing for the IPC World Cup at Panorama Mountain Village commencing on January 8th, 2014 — and let’s not forget soaking in the hot pools, sledding with Toby Creek Adventures, skiing with RK Heliski and all the other adventures the valley has to offer!